The protection of personal information is a hot topic that’s never out of the papers. Customers frequently now require you to demonstrate your compliance with data protection legislation. BS 10012:2017 provides a structured, scalable management system that supports all organizations with the management of personal information. It outlines the core requirements businesses need to consider when collecting, storing, processing, retaining or disposing of personal records related to individuals.
BS 10012 enables businesses to identify and manage risks aligned to personal data, driving the implementation of appropriate policies, procedures and controls.
Benefits of BS 10012
- Inspires customer trust in your organization
- Demonstrates your commitment to identifying and mitigating risks to personal information
- Safeguards your organization’s reputation
- Customers and potential customers will know you comply with the GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act (this is great for tenders)
- Reassurance that risks to customers information will be quickly identified and issues addressed
- Provides a framework for appropriate communication methods
- Promotes an open and supportive culture, employees fully understand their rights and responsibilities
- Increased job security through enhanced business performance