FSSC 22000 represents a comprehensive approach to food safety risk management throughout the food supply chain, designed for food and feed safety management systems. In addition, FSSC 22000 includes transportation and on site storage if part of the operation.
FSSC 22000 is recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), and SMG is a market leader in FSSC 22000 certification and training services.
FSSC 22000 helps address the fragmentation of standards across the food industry; however, in response to food scares, major manufacturers and retailers have introduced bespoke standards which can now be harmonized by using FSSC 22000 as a base, and adding specific additional requirements as necessary.
One of SMG’s specialisms is working with leading food and beverage organizations to develop their own food safety program that is compliant with FSSC 22000 and/or deliver a range of certification and training and support services to help an organization assess both its and its supply chain’s compliance with all necessary elements of modern, internationally recognized food safety management.
Benefits of FSSC 22000
- Drive the international harmonization and transparency of food safety standards, with a global standard that everyone recognizes
- Ensure that your whole network of processes will be assessed and monitored using the process-based approach – the systematic identification and management of interacting processes
- Streamline control of internal processes to help minimize significant food risks
- Customers and stakeholders will see that you take a serious and managed approach to food safety
- Increase and improve brand protection and supply chain management
- Help ensure preventive and corrective approaches to food safety management
- Create greater transparency and addresses the fragmentation of standards across the food industry and can be easily integrated into an organization’s own food safety program
- More efficient and effective third party auditing that ease the burden on the organization and its regulators who can use the standard as a first point of assessment
- Create cost savings through process efficiencies and streamlined internal and external auditing.