BRC Global Standards and Schemes are used by suppliers and global retailers. They facilitate standardisation of quality, safety, operational criteria and manufacturers’ fulfilment of legal obligations. They also help provide protection to the consumer.
Benefits of BRC Global Standard for Food Safety
- Legal requirements – addresses ‘due diligence’ requirements of both the supplier and the retailer
- Competitive edge – Certification to a standard recognized by the GFSI and some of the world’s top food retailers
- Reduce costs – through continual improvement of processes and resulting in operations efficiencies
- Standards integration – can be combined with additional certification such as ISO 9001 and HACCP.
Benefits of BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution
- Reduced costs – best practice in handling storage and distribution of products and promotes continuous improvement in operating practices, reducing inefficiencies.
- Reduced risks – the standard has a strong emphasis on Hazard and Risk Analysis helping you to identify and manage potential product safety risks.
- Legal requirements – provides evidence of commitment and, in case of a food safety incident, provides legal defense in the framework of the ‘due diligence’ concept.
Benefits of BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials
There are significant benefits in certification to the BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials. It helps reduce or eliminate multiple assessments with the additional benefits of reduction in disruption to the business associated paperwork and costs. Additional benefits include:
- Benchmarked by the GFSI, enabling your organization to achieve certification to a GFSI-recognized standard
- Leading packaging standard of choice with more than 3500 certifications globally
- It offers additional modules that enables your organization to comply with F4SS requirements and helps support your organization’s ability to supply to major brands
- Customer satisfaction – a single comprehensive verification program enabling regular reporting to food retailers and other parties as agreed
- Best practice – assurance that systems in place are working to enable production of safe packaging
- Reduced costs – continual improvement of the quality, hygiene and product safety systems resulting on operations efficiencies
- Single verification program – enabling regular reporting to food retailers and other parties as agreed
- Comprehensive and focused on quality, legality and product safety
- Addresses part of the ‘due diligence’ requirements of packaging manufacturer/ supplier; packer/filler and retailer
- Regular surveillance visits help ensure continual improvement of the quality, hygiene and product safety system
- A standardized reporting format gives information on how sites meet the requirements.
Benefits of BRC Global Standard for Consumer Products
- Legal – helps in satisfying the legal requirements to demonstrate ‘due diligence’ as required by the European General Safety Directive 2001/95/EC
- Best practice – supports consistency of production for sector specific product requirements such at Toy Safety Directive and Low Voltage Directive and helps manufacturers meeting Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
- Reduced costs – through continual improvement of processes and resulting in operational efficiencies.